Girls Empowerment Camp
Click here to read our announcement regarding the status of the Girls Empowerment Camp scheduled for April 4-5, 2020
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camp is from 7:00AM to 5:00PM each day.
- Campers must show up on time and stay for the duration of the day.
- Campers must attend both days.
- If you are unable to register after March 1st, registration is full. Please click on the Wait List button to add your name to the wait list.
*Teens of all genders who are at least 14 years old and not over 18 years old at the time of registration may register for and attend the Girls Empowerment Camp (GEC). GEC is a day camp held over two days at the SDFD Training Center located near Terminal 2 of the San Diego International Airport. it is not an overnight camp.
Girls Empowerment Camp (GEC) is a free 2-day camp open to teens ages 14-18* that introduces them the fire service and provides campers with a realistic, hands-on overview of firefighting and exposure to all aspects of public safety career opportunities in the fire service. Additionally, the program empowers campers with life skills and professional guidance that encourages them to pursue a career in public safety. The camp is held at the SDFD Training Center near Terminal 2 of the San Diego International Airport.
Thanks to generous support of sponsors and the San Diego Fire Rescue Foundation, campers receive:
- Hands-on training with firefighting tools and equipment
- 360-degree view of fire service career options
- CPR/AED training
- Drawstring backpack and t-shirt
- Lunch is provided each day
*Teens of all genders who are at least 14 years old and not over 18 years old at the time of registration may register for and attend the Girls Empowerment Camp. GEC is a day camp that is held over two days. It is not an overnight camp.
For more information about the Girls Empowerment Camp, contact email@example.com.
Your donation allows us to continue providing the Girls Empowerment Camp at no cost to our campers.
A gift of support today is an investment in the first responders of tomorrow.