ABOUT THE BUCKET BRIGADE

Ben Franklin formed the original “Bucket Brigade” in 1736 when he founded the Union Fire Company. Originally, the Bucket Brigade was a group of organized citizens working hand-to-hand as a community to overcome tragedy through teamwork and determination.

The San Diego Bucket Brigade brings together a community of donors, who believe our fire-rescue personnel should be equipped with the tools and equipment they need to save lives and protect property.

When you make an annual gift of $100 or more, you are automatically welcomed into the San Diego Bucket Brigade community of donors. Your gifts directly empower the Foundation to help meet critical needs. Your partnership includes exclusive benefits and unique experiences that will educate and engage you with SDFD.

pictures of firefighters working

WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS

City resources are tight and budget constraints create funding gaps for equipment needed for everyday incidents, resources for specialty units like the Urban Search & Rescue and Air Operations, and youth development programs. Your support matters because approximately 85% of the City’s budget for the SDFD goes towards salaries and benefits, leaving just 15% to provide essential equipment, new technology, and training programs. Your support provides tangible resources that help better protect our fire-rescue personnel in the line of duty.

EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS

Whether it’s an annual gift or a monthly donation, through the San Diego Bucket Brigade, your tax-deductible gift empowers the Foundation to help meet critical unmet needs for the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

FIREFIGHTER LEVEL – Youth Programs like Girls Empowerment Camp and SDFD Cadets*
Total Annual Gift: $100 – $499
Benefits: San Diego Bucket Brigade Pin + Recognition on the Fire Rescue Foundation Website

ENGINEER LEVEL – One multi-gas detector for an SDFD Engine*
Total Annual Gift: $500 – $999
Benefits: All of the above benefits + San Diego Bucket Brigade license plate frame

CAPTAIN LEVEL – Two iPads and Apple TVs for in-house firefighter training*
Total Annual Gift: $1,000 – $2,499
Benefits: All of the above benefits + San Diego Bucket Brigade hat

BATTALION CHIEF LEVEL – Five chainsaw kits and protective chaps*
Total Annual Gift: $2,500 – $4,999
Benefits: All of the above benefits + 2 VIP the San Diego Fire Rescue Foundation’s annual fundraising event

DEPUTY CHIEF LEVEL – Ten multi-gas detectors for SDFD engines*
Total Annual Gift: $5,000 – $9,999
Benefits: All of the above benefits + Invitation to “Coffee with the Chief” exclusive event

CHIEF’S CIRCLE LEVEL – One vehicle extrication tool for an SDFD fire engine*
Total Annual Gift: $10,000
Benefits: All of the above benefits + An invitation to dinner for four (4) at an SDFD fire station

*Your donations will help us meet the area of greatest need each year. These are examples of a few funding priorities for the current fiscal year. Click here for the most up-to-date needs as determined by the SDFD Fire Chief.